- Journalism – I’m very experienced at writing for magazine and online. I am able to put together news stories quickly and accurately. I’m particularly proud of my feature writing skills.
- Social Media – Social media is something that I excel in. I know how to use a wide variety of social tools in order to build communities and access new audiences.
- WordPress – I can build WordPress sites of all kinds. I code by hand. Anything you want to build, I can make. From enormous community websites all the way to small ticketing websites.
- Languages – I’m fluent in German and French. Although English is my first language, I can easily switch to any of the three languages.
- Business – Not only am I a journalist, I’m also a publisher. That means I’ve had to learn how to do the business side of journalism. I’m good at presentation, meeting clients, being diplomatic and inspiring trust.
- Teaching – I am able to present confidently and professionally to both small and large groups. Whether one-on-one, the classroom, over the internet (tutorials etc) or the lecture theatre, I have a lot of experience and love to teach.
- Connected: The power of modern community (Guardian Shorts), 2013
- WordPress for Mere Mortals (Rockable Press), 2012
- Monocle (Monocle 24, Audio Package)
- The Guardian
- Offscreen Magazine (Essay)
- Smashing Magazine
- The Line of Best Fit (Reviews)
- The Fly (Reports)
- Zero Core
For more examples, please see my recent work here
- Cardiff School of Art and Design Magazine [CSAD.org/magazine abbr.] – Editor and publisher of the magazine of Cardiff School of Art and Design which appears quarterly in print and perpetually online. I interview for and write all of the articles appearing in the magazine.
- Plastik Magazine [plastik.me] – An online magazine of creative culture in Cardiff. I built an attractive brand of community, excellent journalism, forward thinking and quality design.
- Zero Core [zerocore.co.uk] – Zero Core is a quarterly print magazine. It’s distributed between London and Cardiff. Featuring some of the best writing on music and creativity in Britain, Zero Core is so popular that we often receive demands for restock.
- Monocle Magazine – One of the most formative months of my life, in April 2011 I spent four short weeks at Monocle Magazine as an intern. I helped fact check the magazine and research articles as well as translating transcripts from French to English. Many of my ideas about the publishing industry come from my experiences at Monocle.
- PG Dip Magazine Journalism Cardiff University 2010 – 2011
Studies: Magazine production, subbing, fact-checking, interviewing, news writing, online journalism, social media, taking part in editorial meetings, brainstorming.
- Erasmus – Technische Universität Berlin 2008 – 2009
Studies: Politikwissenschaft, Geschichte der Philosophie, Deutsch als Fremdsprache.
- BScEcon European Union Studies 2006 – 2010
Studies: German, French, European politics, political theory, German literature, 1960s Student Protest, French semi-presidentialism.