Marc Thomas is CEO of doopoll – an award wining polling platform with clients such as Welsh Government, O2, WRU and Admiral. He has a history of delivering high quality journalism, creative and entrepreneurial projects.
He is the author of several books including Connected: The power of modern community (Guardian Shorts – 2013) which explores how online communities and offline communities connect in order to achieve great civic action. It features case studies and interviews with Barack Obama’s re-election campaign CTO, Erik Martin (one of Time Magazine’s most 100 influential people in 2011) and the CEO of Mumsnet
Previously, Marc helped to start and delivered the Welsh Music Prize with John Rostron and Radio 1’s Huw Stephens. That prize promoted the best album of any genre to be produced in Wales or by a Welsh person act living away from Wales.
In 2010, Marc graduated Cardiff University with a BScEcon European Union Studies having also studied at Technische Universität Berlin. Following his undergraduate studies, he studied magazine journalism on one of the most respected postgrad programmes in the UK (Cardiff). Marc speaks English, Welsh, French and German.
He is a trustee of Institute of Welsh Affairs – Wales’ only independent think tank and Sinfonia Cymru – a young and innovative chamber orchestra based in Wales.
Marc is CEO of Cardiff based award winning online polling platform doopoll which he has run since 2015. He has a history of delivering high quality journalism, creative and entrepreneurial projects and is the author of Connected which was published by The Guardian in 2013.
Connected: The power of modern community (Guardian Shorts), 2013
How online communities and offline communities connect in order to achieve great civic action. Featuring case studies an interviews with Barack Obama’s re-election campaign CTO, Erik Martin (one of Time Magazine’s most 100 influential people in 2011) and the CEO of Mumsnet
Making advertising work in a responsive world in Responsive Web Design, Vol II (Smashing Magazine), 2014
WordPress for Mere Mortals (Rockable Press), 2012
Marc has also written and broadcasted for Monocle, The Guardian, Offscreen Magazine, Smashing Magazine, Techradar, Institute of Welsh Affairs and many others.
- 2015-Present – doopoll – CEO
- 2013-2016 – Small Joys – Creative Director
- 2011-2013 – Plastik Content – Publisher
- 2009-2011 – Plastik Magazine – Editor
- PG Dip Magazine Journalism Cardiff University 2010 – 2011 — Studies: Magazine production, online journalism, public administration, ethics in media
- Technische Universität Berlin 2008 – 2009 —Studies: Politikwissenschaft, Geschichte der Philosophie, Deutsch als Fremdsprache
- BScEcon European Union Studies Cardiff University 2006 – 2010 —Studies: German, French, European politics, political theory, German literature, 1960s student protest, French semi-presidentialism
- English – Native
- Welsh – Fluent – B2
- French – Fluent – C2
- German – Fluent – C2
- IWA Editorial Board for the Welsh Agenda and Click on Wales (2017 – present)
- doopoll Board Member (2015 – present)